Tuesday 14 July 2009

MS Bug

Every now and then MS bug bites me. And I’m amidst once such spell.

I at times try to figure out what’s my most favorite rendition of hers. And it just keeps changing, never the same.

Is it “Rama Rama Guna Seema” or is it “EnaaTi nOmu phalamO” or is it “Deva Devam Bhaje” or is it “dEvi brOva” or is it “Manjudai Putti” or is “Yaaro ivar Yaaro” or is it “palintcu kAmAkshi” or is it “Sri Rangapura vihara” or is it “sArasAksha paripAlaya” or “kanakashailavihariNi” or is it “AkilAndeshwari RakshamAm” or is it “Nagumomu ganaleni Naa jaali thelisi” or is it “Vadavarayai Mathaaki” or is it “pakala nilabaDi” or is “O rangashayee” or is it the much sought after “kurai ondrum illai”?

At different points in time different songs of hers have taken over me. Some of these songs end up sticking in my head for days together. During such periods in trance, I see myself singing inside, at times singing aloud in a weak voice and at times showing lotta emotion as most of the songs are a plead to the lord to liberate oneself from this drudgery of life.

Staying alone and fighting all kinds of battle in an extremely intense project for almost an year now has left me weary. And during these weak moments, listening to my favorite MS renditions in youtube and that too some of them with video is a great source of relief.

This morning watching in youtube to her monumental niraval in the third part of the song “pakala nilabaDi” left me with Goosebumps (ref: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Sjs1LzIF0).

Just watch her rip Kharakhara Priya between 2:40 and 7:00, esp. reaching the crescendo between 6:00 and 6:48. The niraval is on the line “Tanuvuche vandana monarinchu chunnara” in which Tygaraja questions Lord Lakshmana - Do ("monarinchu-chunnaaraa") you prostrate ("vandana") with your body ("tanuvuche") before Him?
What a song!! What a singer !! What a composition!! Divine!!

No comments:

Followers